WhatsApp is a new trend to connect or communicate with the people living far from you. You can update yourself by updating your status and close conversation with your loved ones. WhatsApp is a boom with many applications like text and voice messages, video and audio calls, share documents, current location, images, and media. Sometimes you may have noticed the situation where WhatsApp video call is not working on the iPhone. In this situation, you will not find the person on your call. This happens due to the settings of the mobile. But do not worry, you can fix it this issue yourself.
1. Check Internet connection
For an interruption-free video call on WhatsApp, you need a strong internet connection. Before connecting an audio or video call, check your internet connection is stable with maximum speed on your screen. There are many ways you can enhance your mobile data. You can use apps too to get the speed so that you can switch your internet connection. To boost your internet settings:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Switch off the Cellular data and WiFi.
- A few minutes later, Restart the device and turn on the connection.
2. Update WhatsApp
It is mandatory to update your WhatsApp to avoid any conflict while using it. If you regularly improve your app’s version, you will find your device safe from threats. Outdated apps may cause chaos and dysfunction in connectivity. To do so:
- Launch the App Store for updates.
- Scroll down the Application list to WhatsApp. Tap on Update.
3. Allow Necessary Permission on WhatsApp
To access WhatsApp video call, you need to give permissions to some devices to make a connection.
- Open the Settings on your iPhone and tap on WhatsApp.
- Enable the toggles for Contacts, microphone, and Camera.
- Tap on Notification to allow it for any missed incoming call.
4. Manage Content and Privacy Restriction on Screen Time
It is good to put restrictions on some false app and services by screen time but make sure that WhatsApp is not listed there.
- In the iPhone Settings, go to Screen Time.
- Tap on App limits to ensure WhatsApp. You can turn this setting off to enjoy all services and apps hitting on iPhone.
5. Allow WhatsApp to Use Cellular Ddata
While handling a Video call over a Wifi connection, you may lose it suddenly. In this situation, you would like to use your cellular data to get interrupted.
- Go to iPhone Settings and open cellular.
- Check for cellular data enabled. If not, turn on the toggle.
6. Turn Off WhatsApp’s Low Data Usage
With insufficient data, you can not make a good quality video call on WhatsApp. If you are using a solid plan then turn it off in the WhatsApp setting. After this, you will get an uninterrupted call.
- Open WhatsApp and Go to Settings.
- Go to Data and Storage Usage.
- Leave off Low data usage toggle.
7. Disable Data Saver and Low Data Mode
With data saver enabled, you can save your data during a WhatsApp video call. It is a unique feature of the iPhone. However, it can cause hindrance. So disabling it may work.
- Go to settings and Tap on WiFi.
- Select “i” near to the available network
- Disable Low data mode.
- Go back to settings.
- Open Cellular data options in Cellular.
- Turn off Low data mode.
8. Disable Battery Saver
Battery saver is advantageous for background functions, fake downloads and less brighten the screen, but you can try it once by disabling to check your Whatsapp video call.
- In the iPhone Settings, go to Battery.
- Toggle to turn off Low Power Mode
9. Restart iPhone and Reinstall WhatsApp
One best solution to upgrade your WhatsApp is to restart your device. After this, you will probably get a better quality video call. But if you do not find so, then delete your WhatsApp and reinstall it by taking a backup of the older one.
- Long press the WhatsApp icon on iPhone Home screen. Delete it.
- From the App Store, type WhatsApp on the search bar. Download it and install it.
- Complete the Set up of WhatsApp once again.
These are enough ways to fix your WhatsApp video call problem on your iPhone. If one of the solutions does not work, try for another. I hope that you will overcome it. Otherwise, if you have any queries, leave a comment.